Current Open Positions
Current Open Positions
Certified Flight Instructors
American Winds College of Aeronautics offers one of the HIGHEST STARTING SALARIES in the Midwest based on present Instructor rating (CFI, CFII, MEI) with merit raises for added ratings achieved. We also offer attractive BONUSES for hours flown, student solos, student completion, and first-time pass percentage.
Due to rapid expansion, American Winds College of Aeronautics at Akron Fulton Airport in Akron, Ohio is hiring immediately for Certified Flight Instructors, Certified Flight Instrument Instructors, and Multi-Engine Instructors. American Winds College of Aeronautics is the latest Federal and State certified college specializing exclusively in preparing individuals for a career in aviation, both as a pilot and in airport management.
Being used primarily for general aviation, Akron Fulton Airport (Class E) is an ideal location for training with a 6336 x 150 foot runway, fuel truck delivery, ASOS information, excellent navigational VFR landmarks for student pilots, and Class C (Akron Canton) and Class B (Cleveland Hopkins) airports nearby for more advanced students. American Winds owns an expanding fixed wing aircraft fleet with upgrades to engines and avionics being made on our present aircraft. All aircraft are hangered, and we have our own in-house mechanic to maintain our fleet.
Instructor must live within driving distance of Akron, OH or be willing to relocate. Relocation is not offered.
Tasks & Responsibilities
May include, but not limited to any or all of the following:
- Maintain flight training standards as outlined by both the FAA and American Winds College of Aeronautics
- Maintain student pass rate at or greater than 80%
- Meet with each student as published on schedule
- Ensure that all flight lessons are completed according to the Training Course Outline specifications
- Ensure that all appropriate endorsements are made correctly on the student’s record and personal logbook
- Ensure policies and procedures of the SOP Manual are maintained
- Ensure assigned students’ training records were kept according to American Winds College of Aeronautics and FAA policy
- Submit requests for stage checks upon completion of each stage of flight training
- Ensure that all flight lessons and documentation are completed before the request for stage check or checkride
- Help students pull aircraft in/out of hangar
- Teaching ground school subjects or aviation academic subjects such as Advanced Aerodynamics, Aircraft Identification, FAR’s
- Assists in departmental activities; attends meetings; performs other duties as assigned
- Make Chief Flight Instructor aware of aircraft problems and student progress
Candidates must possess a CFI certificate along with a valid medical and/or meet Basic Medical requirements to act as PIC. CFII/MEI is preferred and will be required after hiring. Employees will enjoy discounted rates along with assistance to obtain future licensure.