Five steps to becoming a professional pilot
1) Log-on to www.AmericanWinds.edu: This is your first step to finding out what American Winds has to offer. Our website will give you a basic overview of our Associate Degree Programs, flight training courses, ground school and our training fleet.
2) Call our office at 330-733-2500: Our office is open seven days a week, with staff ready to give you additional information on American Winds. Schedule an appointment to meet with our Admissions Coordinator.
3) Take a Discovery Flight: We would love to get you in the aircraft to discover the experience of being a pilot with one of our FAA Certified Flight Instructors. Call us any time to schedule your flight.
4) Meet with one of our Certified Flight Instructors: During your Discovery Flight, you will meet one-on-one with a flight instructor for an exciting flight experience. Depending on which option you choose, you may have the opportunity to use our state-of-the-art flight simulator before heading out on your flight.
The instructor can give you background on his or her experience as a career pilot and answer any new questions you may have. All of our instructors are very knowledgeable in the field of aviation and have completed all of the FAA standardized testing. Most instructors are full-time, ensuring you have the ability to fly and receive instruction often.
5) Enroll: After you have decided to officially take this significant step to becoming a career pilot, we will work with you to complete all the necessary paperwork.